- We are processing personal information in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We aim at being data savvy, that means minimizing the amount of personal information, we and promisse full transparency about the personal data we collect and process. We do not sell or re-distribute personal information.
- This web-site is for non-commercial sharing of non-sensitive (non-human) scientific data and for the sole purpose of research. Sharing of sensitive data on this site is prohibited.
- We employ user tracking technology (GoogleAnalytics) using cookies on this web-sites. IP addresses will be anonymized before transmission.
- User tracking is use solely for the pupose of reporting site usage to funding agencies and to improve our web-site.
- We respect users' privacy and respect No-Track signals, it is possible to browse our site anonymously.
- We may use your e-mail address to send out mass emails on topics related to the operation of LiceBase. You need to OPT-IN explicitly to consent to mass emails.
- You can rectify and delete your personal information, and we will not store them any longer than necessary.
- We are using strong encryption and state-of-the-art protective measures to saveguard personal information on our system.
Who controls your personal data and how to contact us?
The data controller's contact details are:
University of Bergen
Department of Informatics
Thormøhlensgate 55, 5008 Bergen, Norway
Which information do we collect?
When browsing the site
When you are browsing the site and using the service, we collect data required to deliver the sevice as agreed and additional tracking data:
- The IP address of the device you use to access the service
- which browser is used
- the duration of the visit
- device information (type of device, operating system)
- anonymous identifiers
- time of visit
- how you use the service (including which features you use)
When creating a user profile
- A unique user name (mandatory)
- your e-mail address (mandatory)
- Full Name (optional)
- Phone (optional)
- Office (optional)
- Address (optional)
- Homepage (optional)
- A picture representing the user (avatar, optional)
- Your timezone settings (mandatory)
In addition, by opting in you may allow other users to contact you via a personal contact form which keeps your e-mail address hidden. Note that some privileged users such as site administrators are still able to contact you even if you choose to disable this feature. Trusted developers and system administrators will have access to these data, such as name and e-mail address. Other registered users have access to all information that is provided in your profile.
Information we receive from third parties
For Feide-users the following information is collected in the system as retrived from UNINETT/FEIDE, based on a contractual relationship between the service provider and UNINETT/FEIDE.
- Given name
- e-mail address
- Unique user letter code given by the research institution (eduPersonPrincipalName)
- Name of research institution the user is affiliated with
Trusted developers and system administrators will have access to these data. Other registered users have access to all information that is provided in your profile.
How will your personal data be used?
The data controller will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide the user access to the service
- To better understand the needs of the users and guide future improvements of the service
- To conduct and monitor data protection activities
- To create anonymous usage statistics
- To conduct and monitor security activities
- To contact users in case this is required for the operation of the site
- To send you periodic e-mails on the operations of the web-site
You will only receive periodic e-mails if you explicitly consent within your user profile.
Do we transfer personal data?
Personal data is transferred to the following service provider based in third countries which LiceBase relies on to provide the service: Google Analytics
IP addresses submitted to Google Analytics will be anonymized by stripping the last octet. We do respec DoNotTrack Headers.
There are no personal data transfers to international organisations. We do not sell or otherwise transfer personal data or use it for any commercial purpose such as advertising or marketing.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Any personal data directly obtained from you will be retained as long as the service is live, even if you stop using the service. We will keep the personal data for the minimum amount of time possible to ensure legal compliance and to facilitate internal and external audits if they arise.
- We will retain relevant security logs for at least 90 days.
- Access to the web and security logs containing personal data are restricted to the relevant UiB staff
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the right to:
- Not be subject to decisions based solely on an automated processing of data (i.e. without human intervention) without you having your views taken into consideration.
- Request at reasonable intervals and without excessive delay or expense, information about the personal data processed about you. Under your request we will inform you in writing about, for example, the origin of the personal data or the preservation period.
- Request information to understand data processing activities when the results of these activities are applied to you.
- Object at any time to the processing of your personal data unless we can demonstrate that we have legitimate reasons to process your personal data.
- Request free of charge and without excessive delay rectification or erasure of your personal data if we have not been processing it respecting the EMBL Internal Policy for Data Protection.
It must be clarified that rights 4 and 5 are only available whenever the processing of your personal data is not necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- Exercise authority as a data controller.
- Archive for purposes in the public interest, or for historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes.
- Establish, exercise or defend legal claims.