The data, information, and resources, applications, and electronic services on this web site (herafter called LiceBase) are provided to you by the Dapartment of Informatics, University of Bergen, Norway (herafter called IIUiB) within the NRF funded SFI Sea Lice Research Centre (hereafter SLRC) AS IS, free of charge on a BEST EFFORT basis, for the sole purpose of open science and research. SLRC takes reasonable efforts to ensure correctness, however there is no warranty for correctness of data, applications, and services provided by LiceBase neither expressed or implied; there is no warranty for the fitness of data, applications, and services in LiceBase for any particular purpose, including merchantability or commercial application. The owner of LiceBase DISCLAIMS any liability for material or immaterial losses incured by using LiceBase or any of the resources, applications, services, and data provided by this site.
- Any feedback provided to IIUiB/LiceBase on its online services will be treated as non-confidential unless the individual or organisation providing the feedback states otherwise.
- IIUiB is not liable to you or third parties claiming through you, for any loss or damage.
Sharing and Licensing of User-provided Content
Fair usage policy applies
- Users of LiceBase online services agree not to attempt to use any IIUiB computers, files or networks apart from through the service interfaces provided.
- IIUiB will make all reasonable effort to maintain continuity of these online services and provide adequate warning of any changes or discontinuities. However, accepts no responsibility for the consequences of any temporary or permanent discontinuity in service.
- Any attempt to use IIUiB and LiceBase online services to a level that prevents, or looks likely to prevent, UiB providing services to others, will result in the use being blocked. IIUiB will attempt to contact the user to discuss their needs and how (and if) these can be met from other sources.
- Software that can be run from the IIUiB/LiceBase webpages may be used by any individual for any purpose unless specific exceptions are stated on the web page. Any software from IIUiB made available for download through our web pages (either directly or from third party repositories) will have its own individual license agreement.
- IIUiB does not accept responsibility for the consequences of any breach of the confidentiality of IIUiB site by third parties.
These data are made available before scientific publication with the following understanding:
- The data, information, resources, and services available through this site are the intellectual property of the Sea Lice Research Centre, and the University of Bergen Norway. The owner of the data and services grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the data and services provided for the purpose of research. The data may be freely downloaded and used in analyses.
- The owner of the data intends to publish the genome assembly, genome annotation, including but not limited to protein coding genes, gene expression, non-coding RNAs, repetitive sequences, and regions of evolutionary conservation.
- Users are free to use the data in scientific papers analyzing individual particular genes and regions if the providers of the data are properly acknowledged. Please cite the LiceBase web site or publications from the SLRC referring to the genome sequence.
- Publications using the genome or sequence data provided by LiceBase shall carry the following acknowledgement: "This research uses sequences and data funded by the Research Council Norway, SFI-Sea Lice Research Centre, grant number 203513/O30"
This is in accordance with, and with the understandings in the Fort Lauderdale meeting discussing community resource projects, the resulting NHGRI policy statement, and the Toronto statement.
Contact the Executive Director of the SLRC, Prof. Frank Nilsen, to coordinate concurrent publication of analyses using these data.
Computational Biology Unit – Department of Informatics – University of Bergen is responsible for any collection and utilization of personal information obtained about users of the LiceBase services. The infrastructure is developed and deployed in close collaboration with the Sea Lice Research Centre (http://slrc.no) and Elixir Norway (www.elixir.no) providing national and international storage and analysis services for research data.
Links to external sites
Links on the LiceBase web site may navigate you to external web sites. Please note that these external web sites will have their own privacy policies that may deviate from the ones listed here. IIUiB has no responsibility for the content on any linked site under external URL.